Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, May 6, 2010

"It's never good to lick people."

There's another piece of practical advice I recently gave my oldest. Honestly, kids need guidance and who better to give it than a parent, right? Especially anything involving the word "lick." These are life lessons that they truly need to know about and I'm not comfortable just sitting around expecting someone else to jump in and dispense such wisdom. And I know I am not alone in this way of thinking - read on...:

"Biting is not how we show our love."

"Because mommies always wipe their penises."

"'Whatever' is never the right answer to a policeman."

"Yup, GI Joe is not an anatomically correct doll."

"Poopy is just for looking at!"

And here's one last lifelong message:
"If you're gonna write on the wall, don't sign your name!"

from nytimes.com article

No comments:

Post a Comment