Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

☺"Did you just put that toad in your mouth?"☺

We have all asked some pretty absurd questions in our parenting lifetime and I got a kick out of these that other parents have shared. Sometimes we don't really want an answer but we just have to ask anyway. I think you'll have a good chuckle too:

"Is that a googlie-eye up your nose?"

"Sweetheart, can you pull your head out of the stairs?"

"Will you go back to sleep if I give you a candy corn?" (said to 2 year old at 6am)

"What do you mean you used the bathroom out in the front yard?" (last month my own 3 year old used the bathroom outside...our front door on the porch. my neighbor saw him and simply asked me, 'uh, can you see what your son is doing?')

"Anyone care to explain how the frog got into mom's coffee?" (mom asks her two young sons)

"Did you swallow the battery?" (child did and it showed up on the x-ray in the ER)

"What is this RING?" What is this HE?" (mom's reply to an instant message from 20 year old daughter that simply read 'he gave me a ring.")

And the last one for now, one that really makes you frightfully wonder what the conclusion is:

"Where is the poopie? Belle where did you put the poopie?"

No comments:

Post a Comment