Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, April 30, 2010

"I really, really want you to stop putting your lips on the window."

I was tired and didn't have the energy to do much of a forceful reprimand so I resorted to a sort of plea with my 3 year old. He was watching his big brother at karate last night and got excited every time he saw him so, logically - in a three year old mind - he pressed his lips to the glass and mouthed his brother's name. Mind you, that would have been yucky at our own house, but we're at the downtown YMCA where I have no idea how often and with what the windows get cleaned (okay, so i do have an idea) so it's just downright nasty. I pull him down as gently as I can while whispering "nooo." After a few minutes a second lip-and-window encounter happens. This time I get eye to eye and implore him to cease this behavior (before i start imagining all the diseases that are now traveling through his sweet little body). He just says, "Okay, okaaay" and grabs one of the books we had brought. Meanwhile, his sister is watching the whole encounter with a mixed look on her face - disgust and amusement. Soon after, we go for a long walk on the track and forget the whole affair (right after our trip to the bathroom where i attempt to rid his mouth of all impurities). I'll let you know if he develops any mysterious illness in the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment