Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Please put your....away."

I had saved this e-mail from a mom who sent me this hilarious story and felt that this was just the right moment to share it. I've taken the liberty of changing one specific word* (you'll know which one) just because I don't want any searches to get all funky and stuff. This will all make sense as soon as you start reading:

"I can't remember why, but on Friday night my 3 year old son had dinner in his underpants [at least he was wearing them, 'member my cousin's daughter?]. All of a sudden, I realised he had gone super quiet and was looking down. I asked what he was doing. Eyes twinkling he said all proudly: 'Look Mummy, I found my wee wee*!' I craned my neck and realised he had just discovered that his underpants had a peep hole in the front and was thrilled to find he had easy access to his parts. Without missing a beat, and suppressing my hysterics, I calmly said, 'Please put your wee wee* away at the dinner table.' I had to leave the room before he saw me laughing so hard. I can honestly say, I never anticipated saying that."

Oh yes, there are many, many things I never anticipated ever saying either! And this mom happens to have a great parenting website that she just shared with me: http://practicalmum.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing my story. I still can't believe I said it. I hope you'll consider being a guest blogger over at my site! You could share some of your favorite stories!

    ReplyDelete