Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, April 8, 2010

"There's a frog on the ceiling."

Remember that frog from the airplane that I threatened to take away from my son? Well, it found its way to our ceiling the other day. I was watching a neighbor's son and he thought it would be fun to throw the rubber amphibians around the house to see if they would stick. After I asked him not to do that (i guess i could have posted that quote as well - 'please don't throw the frogs on the walls'), I notice him pointing up and laughing. I then look up and make my very obvious statement. To make a point (not sure right now what that was), I didn't want to climb on a chair and peel the frog off, so I just left it and suggested the kids play with something else. Well, then I kind of forgot about the frog and about an hour later my husband comes home. He walks to the living room, greets me with a kiss, and says, "There's a frog on the ceiling." Yup, there sure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment