Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

☺"Why did you put gum in your butt?"☺

I'm very tempted to just leave it at that, but I won't. Here's the story behind(he he) this, submitted by a very patient and analytical dad:

"...Had my own conversation worthy of submission the other day, with my 3.5 year old daughter. Wife needed the kid to get dressed, so called her in from the living room to the bedroom and started changing her clothes. Wife then expresses shock and mild amusement. I come rushing in to see my wife attempting to pick pieces of chewing gum off/out of daughter's butt.
Wife: Why did you put gum in your butt?
Daughter: Because...but, I am...eating the GUM.
Me: Gum doesn't go IN your but. You put gum in your MOUTH. It comes OUT your butt.

Still have no idea why, but apparently after chewing a piece of gum, she decided to stick it in her butt. That's what you do with gum when you're three. Makes perfect sense. Yup."

His explanation is great - there should be no question in the girl's mind as to what to do with gum anymore. I know I'm clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment