Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Please put your legs on we have to go."

It was cold outside. It was time for school. I couldn't let my boy leave the house like that. He needed his legs to keep warm. At first he could only find one, then he thought it was funny to walk around with them partly attached, bouncing off the back of his knees. I needed to do something. Fast. I walked to the front door. I opened it. I stood there for a second, letting the cold air in ever-so-slightly. I took a step outside. I was leaving and he needed to come with me, fully fastened together. I called to him from the door. He came running. We walked to the van and headed toward school. He had listened and all was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment