Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Nooo, that's a glue stick, not chapstick!"

I look over the other day and my 3 year old is happily applying large amounts of glue to his lips. Granted, those little sticks do resemble lip balm but surely, after the first application, wouldn't he taste that something was askew and pause? Nope, is the answer to that one. I run over and take it from him, rinse off as much stickiness as I can, and then show him how what he just applied to his lips can actually bind materials together. He is not too impressed. But I do think he realized his blunder because I saw him try and lick his lips and he did not seem to be too pleased with what he tasted. Good thing those sticks are non-toxic, right?!

1 comment:

  1. I have said this too! why oh why does it have to look so much like chapstick?

    ReplyDelete