Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, April 12, 2010

"Your apple's not going to pick itself up."

Last night, my daughter was eating an apple that we had just gotten from the store. She had taken a few bites when her little brother goes running by and knocks the apple out of her hand and onto the kitchen floor.

"Waaaah, looook, my apple is on the floor. Oh no! I waaant it."

Well honey, dear, sweetheart, let's weigh our options here:
1) Leave it
2) Look at it
3) Cry
4) Pick it up, wash it off, and enjoy it

I felt like I had to get things moving in the right direction so I simply explained how inanimate objects don't usually move themselves and went on my merry way. Happy ending: little brother apologized and daughter devoured juicy sweet fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment