Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, October 11, 2010

"Big boys don't suck fingers."

That's all you need to know. If you're a boy, remember this always. If you're a girl, remember this too. These words will forever keep you out of trouble. And my husband should know - he's a big boy. He found it prudent to share this information with our 3 year old. I suppose he thought it was time, that our son was old enough to handle it, that he should pass down such knowledge at the precise moment and that moment was in the van yesterday afternoon. It felt right to me too. I was there to offer support, if necessary, but none was needed. My husband is a wise man and can sense when best to dispense insight so I had no doubt it would be received well, but confirmation came when our little guy simply removed his fingers from his mouth, smiled and said, "Okay daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment