Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"My tummy hurts. I think someone shot me."

My youngest walked into my room last night and said these words to me. Why, I have no idea, but the drama with which he uttered them was classic. He could have won an Emmy. His voice was deep and raspy, his face anguished, his gestures convincing. The pause between the two statements allowed for enough suspenseful build up yet didn't linger long enough to render them unrelated. I didn't even get a chance to finish my question, "What's wro...?" It took me a good 2 seconds for the words to sink in and confuse me. Did I hear him correctly? Is my head so stuffed up that I'm hallucinating? Nope, he said what he said. So I assured him that no one had shot him and advised him to go sit on the toilet. Not sure how else to respond...

No comments:

Post a Comment