Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, October 4, 2010

"Stop playing your pee pee like a guitar."

I'm noticing that many of my quotes begin with "stop" or "don't" and I'm thinking that I might want to rephrase how I begin my sentences, although many of these statements are spur of the moment utterances that fly out of my mouth without much thought. I mean really, what do you say to your 3 year old who is taking a bath and suddenly starts singing "neow, neow" and playing guitar without a guitar? I ignored it at first, but then he tried to get my attention with the direct, "Mommy look at me!" I suppose I could have said something like, "Let's not use our penises as guitars, sweetie." Or, "That's cool buddy, now put your 'guitar' away and clean it," for a positive spin. I have to admit, it was actually funny, but I could also imagine him taking his little show on the road for laughs so I kinda wanted to keep things on the down low. After I said what I said he tried to explain his actions with, "But I'm rock band!" To which I responded "Okay, song's over." And so it ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment