Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Listen, you do NOT put boogers on people."

"That's just yucky," I continued as my youngest stood before me, head down. "But it was just my sister," he mumbled, trying to offer some sort of justification for what he had just done. "It doesn't matter. You don't do that to anyone. You get a tissue and you wipe your nose with it." I felt I needed to impress upon him the seriousness of the situation. "Boogers belong on tissues, not on people. They're dirty and then that makes people dirty and then sad that you just did that." I'm not sure what prompted the act or why he thought it might be a good thing to do, maybe it's simply because he's a 3 year old boy, but no matter the reason he should certainly know not to do that again. He remained in place, head still down, uttering an occasional "Okay. Okay mommy." Really, who wants a little kid running around sticking boogers on people? I know I don't. He apologized to me, we hugged, he got a tissue, wiped his nose, went downstairs with another tissue, apologized to his sister and cleaned her up. I'm hoping our heart-to-heart made an impression and I never have to visit this topic again. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment