Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Please get the karate belt off the dog."

Really, what would he need it for? He's got 4 legs and some sharp teeth so I think he'd be just fine to take someone down without any training. But my son insists that the dog needs the belt. My wonderful, patient old dog just stands there looking at me with a mixture of confusion and indifference as my son jumps around him yelling, "Hiyaaaah!" After a couple more minutes I repeat my request and my son complies. My dog saunters over to his bed and rests his old bones while my son continues his awesome karate moves. I walk away with lively "Hiyaaahs" filling the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment