Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"You would know if there were a spider in your eye."

Son: I think there's a spider in my eye.
Me: You don't have a spider in your eye.
Son: Yes I do.
Me: No you don't. (yeah, i'm the adult)
Son: I do! There's a spider in my eye, I said!
Me: Let me see. Nope, no spider.
Son: I think I do have a spider in my eye.
Me: No buddy, there's no spider there.
Son: Yes there iiiis!
Me: (see above quote)
Son: No I wouldn't.
Me: Oh okay. (huh?!) So there's no spider?
Son: No, I don't have a spider in my eye!

Um, what was the purpose of that whole conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment