Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

☺"86 the jibber jabber."☺

Hee hee, this one is just funny because you know this mom had had enough of whatever was going on and on at the time and this must have been the only thing she could blurt out that might have some effect. Here are some other good ones of parents saying some pretty funny stuff, that honestly, doesn't really make much sense but I know from personal experience that you get to a point and you want to say something, anything, and then realize it was just plain silly. Read on...:

"Stop it, you're acting like a 2 year old" - said to my 2 year old!

"Who am I, your mother?" - said to one of my boys who expected me to carry his school bag when he got tired of carrying it.

"Just wait till you have children."

"Clean it up yourself, your mother does not work here!!!" - said when my son made a mess next to my desk at work.

"You are SO immature!" - said to my 4 year old.

"Please be gentle when you are hitting yourself in the head."

Thanks for sending these in!! practicalmama@gmail.com

from nytimes.com article on mommylingo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment