Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, February 8, 2010

"Okay, stop being a bunny rabbit, we have to go."

We've all been there, right? Whether it be a dog or a cow or a lawn mower or a tree, your kid has been happily showing you his/her latest impersonation and, for the first 27 times is really cute, but at some point you really need to be doing something else or going somewhere and they just keep at it. What are you gonna do? This time it was my 3 year old and we were in the parking lot of my older son's school and we were taking him lunch, so we didn't have a huge chunk of time to dedicate to being rabbits so after a few bounces I was ready to walk and get in the door but my little guy still had a few more pounces in him so I, admittedly, got a little impatient and laid down the law. He just stopped, looked at me with his adorable eyes and said, "Okay mommy."

1 comment:

  1. You are so right..we all have going thru the fun but repetitive acts but its still fun

    ReplyDelete