Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

☺"Get the tortilla shell out of your ear."☺

Saying things like this are inevitable, as a parent. Sorry. If you don't have kids or are expecting, then these phrases may seem a bit exaggerated and dramatic but honestly, they are crucial, invaluable, effective, behavior-changing gems that should be said with pride! Okay, maybe that was a bit exaggerated and dramatic, but my point is this: once you have a child, who knows what the heck is gonna come out of your mouth, but whatever it may be, I bet it'll be worth writing down!

The mama who recently shared this jewel tells her story:
"I said this to my 11 month old as we were at Taco Bell the other night and were giving him little pieces of a cheese roll up that my husband was eating. He was busy trying to shove them into his ear and laughing, having a good ole time!"

She had to say it, right??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment