Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, February 22, 2010

"Fly Superman, straight into the bathtub!"

Come on moms and dads, I know I'm not the only one who has said something like this! I even chuckled after I said this to my 3 year old because it was so natural and fit right in to what was happening at the time, but I then pictured what my brother (who doesn't have any kiddos) would think if he heard me say this in such a comfortable tone. And I'm sure if I think hard enough I can come up with plenty of strange phrases addressed to a number of action heroes.

There have been so many great responses to the NY Times article from parents and non-parents sharing all their hilarious stories, so stay tuned for a bunch to be shared here soon!! I just know 'talking to superheroes' will be revisited shortly and curiously await your words of 'wisdom.' Keep 'em coming: practicalmama@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment