Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Don't stick your fingers in it and make it bigger."

"Ew," my husband said, "did you really have to say it like that?" Now, like many (if not all) of the other comments posted, taken out of context or said to an adult, this may sound a bit peculiar awkward and even gross. And if you use your imagination in creative ways or start putting it in conversations you have had in the past, it may start to become even more bizarre curious and sophomoric. And that's what makes parenting so funny - all the nutty-sounding things that come out of your mouth...not to mention the humdingers that your kids utter on a daily basis! But I was simply referring to the tear in my son's jeans, so it was clearly necessary rational and appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment