Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, February 20, 2010

☺"Quit licking the water off the pavement!"☺

I think I also heard a "Sheesh" as my friend and neighbor plodded over to her 1 1/2 year old daughter and lifted her face off the road. "She does this all the time. Why?!" she continued. Apparently her little girl has done this before - she asks for some water in a bottle then takes it to her desired destination and pours it out. She'll then lie down with her face buried in the carpet, chair, or in this case the road, and start licking it up. This is the same cutie pie who eats rocks and dirt any chance she gets so I guess, in the whole scheme of things, licking up some water isn't so awful...? More to come on this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment