Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, February 26, 2010

"Daddy is not a toy."

Actually, instead of 'toy' I almost said 'carpet' or 'couch' but 'toy' was the first thing out of my mouth. The other night my husband had asked our oldest to walk on his back for a bit because it was bothering him. My son did for a while, then the other two kids wanted to 'help daddy feel better too' so they took turns walking around. Calmly, at first. Then things escalated rather quickly as my two younger ones turned it into a race to see who could jump on and off of daddy the quickest. I think, for a split second, my oldest thought he would join in too, so I knew I had act fast because my husband, strangely I thought, wasn't saying a word. I caught the youngest in mid-flight as I said these words, preceded by "Wait! Stop!" I was actually a bit concerned for my husband but then I heard him laugh and say, "You have to write that one down!"

No comments:

Post a Comment