Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, February 5, 2010

☺"Better voice projection, mommy."☺

Clearly my son has been paying attention to his teacher while practicing for his 2nd grade speeches! He asked me to read them all a book in the van yesterday, so I halfway turned in my seat and began reading about Arthur and his adventures. Part of the way through Chapter 1, he politely interrupted with these stage directions. It took me a second to process what he had just said but my husband picked it up right away and started giggling. Yes, he giggled. And my husband is not a giggler. I then turned further around, cleared my throat, and began again. My son just smiled and said, "That's better, good job." And then my husband giggled some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment