Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Dance your way upstairs."

What a fun way to start the bedtime ritual! We should all take our own parental advice now and then because sometimes we throw out a real gem that really shouldn't be ignored. And sometimes we throw out a real dud that really shouldn't be repeated. But I like this one, and it was fitting, and it was heeded, and so my daughter and I waltzed our way up the steps and into the bathroom to brush teeth, then into her room to be tucked in and cuddled. It was enchanting and enjoyable and we just might do it again. As should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment