Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Oh don't put the chocolate between your toes."

I still don't get it, after all these years and three kids later. What is the allure? It seems inevitable that if one of my children is sitting cross-legged, with something in his or her hand and no socks on, that that 'something' is surely to wind up between their toes. Yummy. Especially when it's a food item. I mean, I love my kids' sweet feet and all and could play with their adorable toes any day of the week, but I also know quite well that they often don't wear socks with their shoes and spend a great deal of their time running around, being active. So...the fact that objects get placed in these awesome little stink bombs makes me shiver just a tiny bit. Tiny bit. But...when I see a perfectly delicious piece of food get wedged in between what I can only imagine are sweaty, smelly toes, I get kinda grossed out. Kinda. Should I just make a new rule? You know, one of those I-never-in-a-million-years-thought-I-would-ever-have-to-make-a-rule-like-this-because-it's-just-downright-ridiculous kind of rules like, "Don't ever stick food in between your toes. Ever." ?????

No comments:

Post a Comment