Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, March 28, 2011

"Mommy, can you wash my balls later?"

PG-13:

Tee hee hee, giggle giggle. I just couldn't even help myself on this one. I hadn't seen my kids all week and was already giddy so even the slightest thing was going to make me laugh anyway, so when I heard my oldest ask me this question, in all seriousness, I just looked at my hubby and began to giggle. But my son didn't stop there, oh no. He continued to explain how his balls were dirty and they needed to be cleaned and that he was trying but knew that I could get his balls cleaner than he could. My husband gave me an almost disapproving look, but I just kept right on snickering. My son couldn't hear me and no other children were around, so I didn't have any explaining or covering up to do, right? Right. Our honeymoon was fantastic but we were both ready to get back to being mommy and daddy. By the way, my son wanted his balls clean so he could practice juggling, his new favorite thing to do.

Speaking of balls, a reader sent me this little story a bit ago:

"I said this yesterday during my daughter's 1st bday party. We gave her a ball as a bday gift and she loved it so I explained to our guests: 'Oh yeah we picked this gift because everytime she'd go to the neighbors' she'd play with their balls.'

See?! It's not just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment