Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Is it easier to do math upside down?"

Maybe that was my problem in high school...and college. Maybe I shouldn't have sat upright and taken notes. Maybe I should have flipped over in my desk and answered questions while on my head. That seemed to be working for my son last night as he was practicing his multiplication. Too bad I didn't think of that. But I can just picture my hubby now, as he reads this post, shaking his head in disapproval. (he happens to be a math instructor who has this crazy notion that anyone can do math and all it takes is an open mind and a good guide. he even thinks it's fun. i know he's right, i just need to take his class. i wonder if it would embarrass him if i used our son's method...)

No comments:

Post a Comment