Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Well you won't be weird down here."

Youngest comes downstairs the other night with his pillow and blanket in tow. He can't sleep in his bed, he says. When I ask why not, he worriedly replies, "Because my bed is making me weird." As we cuddle on the couch for a bit, I ask him a few more questions about how his bed could be making him weird. Not quite completely understanding his reasoning, I come to the conclusion that "cold" would be a more accurate word. I reassure him, we snuggle, then I grab another blanket on the way back to his bed and get him all cozied up and warm. That seemed to do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment