Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, March 1, 2010

"Ew, take the toilet seat off your head."

A happy little voice called from the bathroom, "Mommy come 'ere, look." As I rounded the corner I could see my 3 year old sitting on the toilet, with his potty chair cushion on his head, smiling ever so proudly of his new found hat. Even my other kids thought that was gross.

Now, this 'toilet' category is brimming with fantastic quotes from parents all around the world:

From New York: "To my two year old daughter who is potty training at school and sees how a little boy uses the toilet, 'Sweetie, if you want to try to pee standing up, you can.'"

From Germany: "Would you please stop throwing your pacifiers in the toilet?"

From NC: "Stop kissing the toilet."

From Houston: "Honey, please don't dip your bottom in the toilet water."

From Australia: "Please do not 'kiss' anything in a public toilet."

From Ithaca, NY: "Darling, please take your foot out of the toilet."

And a mom from Swarthmore, PA apparently had the same experience I just did: "Take the potty seat off your head!"

No comments:

Post a Comment