Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, March 8, 2010

☺"Pull your pants up, you're gonna hurt someone."☺

I have to admit, this is not exactly all of what my husband said this weekend, but this is exactly what my son heard and repeated to us, and it was darn funny, so I'm adding it to the blog anyway! We were outside with some friends, kids were playing, and the grown ups started talking about skiing and snow boarding. Our friend was surprised when my husband said he now snow boarded because he didn't think my hubby fit the stereotype of the young, rebellious snow boarder. So then my guy started talking like a an 'old man' and saying a bunch of 'old man' things and apparently our son was half-listening because he started laughing, came up to us and said, "I know what you just said, Daddy. Why did you say that?" And then he proceded to 'repeat' what he heard. Oh, we just laughed for quite a while about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment