Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, March 22, 2010

"Sweetie, wipe your eye..."

"...you've got some cake on it." This was said, very caringly, by a great dad (my cousin-in-law) to his oldest daughter at yes, my grandma's party. From across a very large table, nonetheless. So it was, sort of, yelled, but in a very thoughtful tone with only her best interest at heart. I mean just think, what if some frosting were to make its way down and enter the eye, causing a weird burning sensation that only frosting could cause. He was simply looking out for his daughter's welfare, as he does at all times, shamelessly willing to sound ridiculous at the expense of his daughter's optical safety. Wow, he must be a fire fighter or something. Oh wait, his is. Lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment