Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

☺"No, we don't put boogers back in our noses."☺

So where do we put them, mommy? - I'm sure this little girl was wondering. Here's what this mama had to share:

"The other day I said this to my 17 month old. We've had an ongoing battle about putting things in her nose which began many months ago with her finger. Lately she's been putting cotton bits and odd things up her nose (or attempting to). I caught her trying to put something up there the other day and started with 'no no honey we don't put things up our nose.' As I got closer and saw what it was, as I was taking said object out of her hand, I noticed that she'd obviously picked her nose and was now trying to put it back up there. For some reason after saying the above phrase, I continued to attempt to explain to her why and how we shouldn't dig them out in the first place. Not sure why I ever try to be logical with a 17 month old, but there you have it."

At least she knew where it came from. This next mom had the element of surprise thrust upon her and she was left with no option but to ask, "Who's booger is this on the wall?"

No comments:

Post a Comment