Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Nope, no beds on the plane."

But it sure would be nice. We're leaving tonight for South America and my daughter knows it'll take a while to get there and when I mentioned that we'll all be sleeping on the plane this evening (just thought i'd plant that idea in her head) she asked this very sincere and perfectly logical question. Seriously, wouldn't it be nice to 'rent' some space on an airplane for long trips and have your own little bungalow in the air? I know there are some planes where the seats turn into semi-beds, but since we have to take 3 separate flights we won't get this luxury. But let's just dream a little here: we're a family of 5, with 3 kids under 8, so I think it would behoove everyone if we got our own closed off spot in the back of the plane, near a bathroom, where the kids can be kids and not bother anyone who has never had the pleasure of traveling with children, or has just simply chosen to forget its joys. There could be some designated 'family areas' and all the grouches can sit in the front and pretend children should be seen and not heard. Not that I'm saying there are people like that.

Anyway, a dream's a dream and we're gonna have some fun this week, so I may not be posting as often as I'd like. But I surely will continue to write stuff down 'cause I know my cousins will have tons of material to add. Lots of kids running around so that means lots of crazy parent talk. Perhaps I should record instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment