Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, March 4, 2010

☺"TWO HANDS!!!"☺

This one falls into a slightly different category, but is still hilarious when you know the context:

A mom from New York explains:
"It's not what I said to the children so much, as that I found myself saying it to anyone I was eating with, including adult colleagues, as they reached for a glass of milk or water."

Sometimes you just stay in mommy or daddy mode, without even realizing it, until you're right in the middle of it or after the fact. This reminds me of last summer when we were grilling out in the backyard of a friend's parent's house and I, inadvertently, started cutting up my friend's mom's chicken into little, bite-sized pieces. I was about halfway done when I noticed what I was doing and all I could do was just laugh! She did too (she's a mom, after all).

No comments:

Post a Comment