Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I'm wearing your underwear."***

***A CHILD SAID THIS, NOT A CREEPY ADULT!***

I just wanted to make that perfectly clear because it was such a sweet, innocent statement and I felt immediate clarification was absolutely necessary. Now, here's the story behind it:

My cousin's adorable 3 year old daughter was happily flipping through our Go Fish princess cards this afternoon when I heard these strange words come from her mouth. At first I thought I had surely misunderstood but then my cousin said, "Oh, she's talking to Tinkerbell." Which, come to think of it, was a rather arbitrary statement itself, but instantly made perfect sense. That whole sweet thought process combined with her delectable cheeks, heavenly clear blue eyes, and luxurious lashes made me just want to sweep her up and drown her in kisses. Seriously, how cute was that?!

1 comment:

  1. hehe cute!! My girls wear princess undies too. :) Tinkerbell not included, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete