Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, March 13, 2010

☺"Sweetie, we do NOT put goldfish crackers in our butts."☺

Continuing with our 'food in strange places' theme, this one really fits in well (he he, couldn't resist). This mom from nearby Portland explains how it all came down to this:

"I found myself informing my daughter (then about 2 years old) that. This after I walked in on my daughter, whom I had left with a snack, attempting to place said snack in her, ahem, gluteal cleft area. On further reflection, I thought I might have been too specific. Does my daughter now think that the prohibition applies only to goldfish crackers? But that it is acceptable to place, say, saltines or Ritz crackers there? She is now almost 4 and does not remember the incident so I have not been able to determine what exactly possessed her to attempt this experiment. It is one of the most peculiar things I have ever said, so I thought I'd share it."

Now, after having a glimpse at the thought process of another mom I actually feel a bit better about all the times I think and over-think what my children might be understanding from me when I say something like, "Please get the bun off your head." Do they think only buns do not go on heads? Or does this apply to all bread? Or even just food in general? But then I see my daughter place a piece of cheese on her head and realize, hmm, did I just give them more ideas?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment